One of the first things I need to establish before I start my newspaper is the Target Audience. As the newspaper I’m going to create is a local one, I need to research into the current local newspapers in my town such as the ‘Dunstable Gazette”, and see who they are aimed at, as this influences what goes into a newspaper.
Local Newspapers are aimed at:
- Local people in the town – so will need to include articles locals will be interested in. Articles should be about the local people, or the town, towns nearby, or town events.
- Age range – I think the people who would be interested in reading a local newspaper, are people who work and spend alot of time in the town, students wouldn't be ideal as they don't usually have a lot of time to read the paper, or are particularily interested in their local town, as if they're in university or other education, they may not be home alot. Regardless of whether the person is employed or unemployed, the age range my newspaper will be 25+
- Although the newspaper is aimed at an older audience, it should contain aspects which will interest youths,18+ (gig/club/pub/bar advertisements, to try and broaden the audience). This can be done through specific advertisement.
No comments:
Post a Comment