Friday, 21 January 2011

Ancillary task #2

For my second ancillary task I’m going to create a radio advert for my newspaper. To do this I need to listen to 'heart.fm' (Dunstable’s local radio station) to get inspiration and an understanding of how free newspapers are advertised across the radio, and how to make a successful one.

After listening, i didn't hear of any radios being advertised, however i did realise what conventions advertisers use when they create a radio advertisement. I need to ensure it captures the listeners attention, and is catchy and almost annoying to make sure it imprints on their mind and they remember it, for example there is a radio advertisement 'Pop along to Poplars nursery, to make your garden grow!'. Using simple English techniques such as alliteration will also help me in creating my radio advertisement.

I need to create a catchy jingle to go with my radio advertisement, so far this is my script:

"Have you heard about the Dunstable Post?
It's your brand new local paper filled with the most,
Sports,news,nightlife and more,
Oh and don't forget we deliver it straight to your door!

Be ready to catch up on your local town new every Monday"

I edited this script slightly a number of times, and the finish product was this :




I created the jingle using Cubase4 and also had help on how to use it from some Music Technology students, and i tried to make my jingle catchy and memorable, so it remains in the listeners mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment